About the Recipe
2 Cornish hens OR
2 lg. onions
8 garlic cloves peeled
2 parsnips, peeled
3 med. carrots, peeled
2 leeks, washed
2 bay leaves
6 parsley sprigs
6 thyme springs
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
2 gallons purified water (optional)
Additional Items Needed:
2 frozen water bottles
1. Add all ingredients into stock pot
2. *Place steamer basket on top all ingredients in pot to help fully submerge in water
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low cover and simmer for 6 – 7 hours.
4. Remove chicken and drain using a strainer and cheese cloth to catch the bits and thyme leave etc.. (you want a rich, clear broth). Drain into another pot.
5. Immediately place stock pot in a tray of ice. To protect it from germs and bacteria add two frozen water bottles into stock liquid. while on the tray place the stock pot in the refrigerator to cool.
6. After stock has completely cooled, place in sterilized mason jars and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
*Watch Full Recipe Video on YouTube at http://www.sincerelylegenia.com