About the Recipe
2 cups of almond flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup melted butter + 1 tbsp. butter reserved
1/3 cup buttermilk
½ tsp. corn extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place cast iron skillet in oven to preheat with oven.
3. In a large bowl combine almond flour (you may need to sift almond flour), baking soda and salt. Mix 4. Add eggs, butter, buttermilk, and corn extract.
5. Whisk together until well combined.
6. Remove skillet from oven. Coat skillet with the 1 tablespoon of reserved butter.
7. Add cornbread batter to skillet, and spread it evenly
8. Place in the oven for approximately 20 - 25 minutes (keep an eye on your bread)
9. Once browned, remove and allow to cool. (add more butter to the top if you desre)