About the Recipe
1 batch of keto cornbread, cooled and crumbled (see keto bread recipe video on YouTube)
2 deboned Cornish hens (feel free to use a ½ of a chicken)
5 slices of low-carb bread (I used SOLA bread’s golden wheat bread)
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
2 tbs. butter
2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 tsp. sage
¼ tsp. dried thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1 to 2 eggs (depending on how you like the consistency of your dressing)
4 cups chicken stock or broth (see homemade chicken stock video on YouTube)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add butter to a skillet with onions and celery. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Let Cool.
3. Toast bread slices. Place in a food processor or blender and grind until very fine. Add to crumbled keto cornbread.
4. Add the cooled vegetables and shredded chicken to cornbread and breadcrumbs. And mix together.
5. Add poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well
6. Add 1 beating egg (add the 2nd egg only if you feel you need it)
7. Add chicken stock one cup at a time until the consistency of your dressing is to your liking. (gage the consistency of your dressing as you pour in the stock, you may not need the entire 4 cups)
8. Mix well.
9. Once the consistency is the way you like it, pour dressing into a baking dish (I use a 12.5 x 10.25 foil baking pan)
10. Bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown.