Herb Crusted Roasted Chicken
5 to 7 people
This flavorful chicken will have your family thinking they are eating at a high quality restaurant. Fresh herbs and spices are what makes my herb crusted chicken delicious and memorable.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Spachcock or Butterfly your chicken (see this video) and place on a baking sheet
3. Remove stems from oregano, thyme, rosemary and give them a rough chop
4. Rough chop chili pepper and garlic
5. Add all ingredients to mortar along with a sprinkle of salt, and a light drizzle of olive oil.
6. Smash all ingredients to a paste and set aside
7. Season the chicken all over with onion powder and paprika.
8. Rub herb paste all over chicken, both on top and under skin
9. Place in oven for 45 minutes OR until the internal temperature reached 160 degrees.
1 whole chicken
2 garlic cloves
1 small red chili pepper (use more for more heat)
3 thyme sprigs
3 Italian parsley sprigs
2 oregano sprigs
2 rosemary sprigs
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. smoked paprika