Refreshing Keto Lemonade
· Using a vegetable peeler, peel all 6 lemons in to a medium size bowl, making sure to peel the outer layer only (the yellow portion). Too much of the white portion of the peel will make it bitter. Reserve lemons to the side for juicing later.
· Add the monkfruit to the bowl with the lemon peel and mix.
· Cover and all it to sit for at least two hours (overnight is best).
· When ready, place your peel/ monkfruit mixture into a small sauce pan with 1 cup of water over medium heat.
· Allow mixture to heat until the monkfruit has completely dissolved.
· While the mixture is heating through, juice your lemons, you will need at least 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice.
· Once the monkfruit has dissolved remove from heat and allow to cool,
· In a serving pitcher, add 2 cups of distilled water,
· Next, add your fresh squeezed lemon juice and sugar water until it’s to your liking.
· Serve over ice OR place in the refrigerator to cool
1 cup of monkfruit (I use Lakanto)
3 cups water (reserve 1 cup to the side)