Sincerely Pinto Beans w/ Smoked Turkey
8 to 10
1. Rinse, then soak your pinto bean over night OR follow the quick soak instructions on the bag.
2. Add chicken stock and turkey to large pot, cover and bring to a boil.
3. Next add your beans, onions, garlic, chicken bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and bay leaf.
4. Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium, cover cook for one hour and fifteen minutes.
5. After an hour and 15 minutes, check on your beans, at this point there should still be a significant amount of liquid in them. Taste to see if you need to add additional salt etc...
6. Cover and cook for an additional hour and fifteen minutes.
7. Bean should be tender and turkey should be falling off the bones. If not continue to cook in 30 minute increments until beans are your desired consistency.
8. Serve with rice and cornbread!
1 16 oz. bag pinto beans
1 smoked turkey wing
6 cups chicken stock or broth (homemade is best)
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp. chicken bouillon
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 bay leaf