So many people are afraid or intimidated when it comes to cooking a whole chicken when it's really quite simple! In this video I show you guys how I prepare my ever so famous Lemon Thyme Chicken. I have made this for family and at church gatherings and it is always a hit! It is unbelievable how easy it is to make. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1 Roasting Chicken (3-4 lbs.)
- 1 Lemon (Cut in half, cut one half into 3 slices)
- 2 Tbs. Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tsp. Cold Butter (Cubed)
- Olive Oil
- 5-8 Thyme Springs
- Sincerely Legenia All-Purpose Seasoning OR Your Favorite All-Purpose Seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 500°.
2. In a small bowl, combine ALL spices together for the homemade all-purpose seasoning. Set aside.
3. Season the chicken cavity with 3 thyme sprigs and tuck 3 lemon slices inside.
4. Add 1 tbs. of the chopped garlic to the cubed butter; place butter and garlic under the skin of the breasts and thighs.
5. Rub the remaining chopped garlic all over the chicken
6. Season chicken w/ approx. 3 – 4 Tbs. of the homemade all-purpose seasoning. Put the remaining seasoning in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
7. Remove the leaves from the remaining thyme sprigs and add them to the top of the chicken.
8. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon half all over the top of the chicken.
9. Place in the oven at 500° for 30 minutes, then turn the heat down to 350° and finish cooking for 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the inner thigh reads 160°.
Don't Forget to Like, Comment & Subscribe!