By Legenia M. Bearden of Sincerely Legenia
Well, here you have it folks!! My Southern Style Keto Cornbread Chicken and Dressing!
I am SO HAPPY (as you will see in this video) about this recipe. It was on my mind for the longest and just how to put it together, what ingredients to use etc... was weighing heavy on my mind for days. It turned out even better than I had hoped and I couldn't be more thankful. I pray you guys enjoy it as much as we do. Let me know in the comments below! Have a happy and blessed holiday season!
- 1 batch of my keto cornbread, cooled and crumbled (get the cornbread recipe here)
- 2 deboned Cornish hens (feel free to use a ½ of a chicken)
- 5 slices of low-carb bread (I used SOLA bread’s golden wheat bread)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp. sage
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 eggs (depending on how you like the consistency of your dressing)
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth (see homemade chicken stock video on YouTube)
To print this recipe click below:
REAL Southern Style Keto Chicken and Dre
Download • 71KB
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add butter to a skillet with onions and celery. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Let Cool.
3. Toast bread slices. Place in a food processor or blender and grind until very fine. Add to crumbled keto cornbread.
4. Add the cooled vegetables and shredded chicken to cornbread and breadcrumbs. And mix together.
5. Add poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well
6. Add 1 beating egg (add the 2nd egg only if you feel you need it)
7. Add chicken stock one cup at a time until the consistency of your dressing is to your liking. (gage the consistency of your dressing as you pour in the stock, you may not need the entire 4 cups)
8. Mix well.
9. Once the consistency is the way you like it, pour dressing into a baking dish (I use a 12.5 x 10.25 foil baking pan)
10. Bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown.
Watch this recipe video here! Remember to LIKE, COMMENT, AND SUBSCRIBE!